Good turnout for first consultation roadshows
More than 150 people called in on Stansted Airport’s first two consultation roadshows in Hatfield Heath on Thursday (July 6) and Great Dunmow on Saturday (July 8).
The airport is hosting nine community consultation roadshows in July to gather the views of local residents to help shape its plans to make best use of existing runway capacity at the airport.
“I’d like to thank all the local residents that took the time to come and visit us at our first two roadshow events in Hatfield Heath and Great Dunmow last week. We had good numbers through the doors at both events who were able to talk to us about our future growth plans. We’ve more events planned over the next fortnight so we’ll be out and about in the community asking what people think and we hope as many as possible come along to have their say.”
The exhibitions form part of the airport’s preparation to submit a planning application later this year to Uttlesford District Council to raise the current passenger and flight limits. The airport has also launched a new dedicated website (ourstansted.com) to share information and capture the views of those unable to attend the consultation events.
Stansted is one of the UK’s fastest growing airports serving nearly 25 million passengers a year, flying to more than 190 destinations in 40 countries. The airport currently has a planning cap that limits annual passenger numbers to 35 million but its existing runway has the potential to serve around 44 million passengers a year.
Full details of exhibition events:
- Monday 10th July 3pm until 7pm at St John’s Church Hall, Stansted Mountfitchet, CM24 8JP
- Wednesday 12th July 3pm until 8pm at Braintree Town Hall, Fairfield Road, Braintree, CM7 3YG
- Friday 14th July, 4pm until 8pm at the Silver Jubilee Hall, Dunmow Road, Takeley CM22 6QJ
- Saturday 15th July 12pm until 4pm at Bolford Street Hall, Bolford Street, Thaxted, CM6 2PY
- Monday 17th July 3pm until 8pm at the Town Hall, Market Square, Saffron Walden, CB10 1HR
- Wednesday 19th July 3pm until 8pm at the Methodist Church, 34B South Street, Bishop’s Stortford, CM23 3AZ
- Monday, 24th July 3pm until 7.30pm at the Harlow Leisurezone, Second Ave, Harlow CM20 3DT