Jet2.com and Jet2holidays announce yet more growth at London Stansted
- Three more new summer sun and city destination – Malta, Naples and Nice
- Latest expansion means 1.4 million seats on sale for Summer 18 - a 60% capacity increase
- Award winning flights and holidays driving success at new base - leading to even more growth
Jet2.com and Jet2holidays is responding to customer demand at London Stansted Airport again, by further expanding its flights and holidays programme for Summer 18. The company is announcing 3 brand new sun and city destinations as well as additional flights to a number of destinations, all of which go on sale today.
Just weeks after putting an already expanded Summer 18 programme on sale, the leading leisure airline and package holiday specialist is adding another 200,000 seats. This includes the launch of 3 brand new destinations (Malta, Naples and Nice) meaning it will operate to a total of 33 destinations in Summer 18.
In addition to the three new routes, the company is putting on more weekly flights to a number of popular sun and short-break city destinations, including: Turkey, Gran Canaria, Menorca, Girona, Paphos, Dubrovnik and Verona.
A major study by the Institute of Customer Service recently recognised Jet2.com and Jet2holidays as amongst the very best companies in the UK for customer satisfaction, and this focus on customer service is playing a key role in driving growth at the company’s newest base. This growth means it now has more than 1.4 million seats on sale from London Stansted for Summer 18, a huge 60% capacity increase for its second summer of operations.
We have experienced a fabulous response to our award-winning flights and holidays since putting our Summer 18 programme on sale from London Stansted Airport. Our fantastic sun and city destinations, alongside our industry-leading customer service, are proving to be extremely popular with customers, and on the back of that demand it makes sense to provide customers with even more choice and flexibility. With 33 destinations on sale, in just our second summer of operations, this reflects the confidence we have at our newest base – where our offer of real package holidays is making us a huge hit with customers.
Today’s announcement is yet more fantastic news from Jet2.com and Jet2holidays for passengers from across the east of England and London wishing to fly from London Stansted, and comes hot on the heels of the announcement just weeks ago of an already extended summer 18 programme.
“We know Jet2.com and Jet2holidays have already proved to be incredibly popular with passengers this summer and these exciting new destinations and further increase in flights to some of the top holiday hotspots is another reflection of the strength of demand that exists across the region and a real vote of confidence in London Stansted.
The new destinations out of London Stansted Airport with Jet2.com and Jet2holidays include:
- Malta - two services every week, including flights on Saturdays, giving holidaymakers access to this unique island set in the heart of the Mediterranean which offers everything from culture to sunshine to nature
- Naples – three services every week to one of Italy’s oldest, most artistic cities which also opens up the Neapolitan Riviera and Amalfi Coast
- Nice – six services every week to this glamorous and bustling port city which is also the capital of the stunning French Riviera and offers fantastic short-break options through Jet2CityBreaks
More flights have also been added to a number of sun and city destinations that are proving to be extremely popular with customers in the East of England and London. These include:
- Turkey - additional flights to Antalya, Dalaman and Bodrum mean ten weekly services to Turkey
- Gran Canaria – four services to be operated every week instead of three
- Menorca – now five services every week instead of four
- Cyprus – a choice of ten weekly services to Cyprus, through the addition of a fifth weekly service to Paphos on top of five weekly services to Larnaca
- Costa Brava – the addition of a third weekly service to Girona
- Croatia – now eight services to Croatia, through the addition of a fourth weekly service to Dubrovnik on top of services to Pula and Split
- Italy - the addition of a second weekly service to Verona
To support this growth, an extra aircraft will come into operation at London Stansted Airport. This means ten aircraft will operate from the airport during Summer 18, up from seven in Summer 2017.
Key summer 2018 programme information:
- 33 destinations including 8 new summer hotspots: Bodrum, Costa de Almeria, Halkidiki, Kefalonia and Verona (already announced) and Malta, Naples and Nice (announced today).
- 280 weekly flights and more than 1.4 million seats available, a 60% growth on Summer 17
- Addition of three aircraft meaning ten aircraft operating from London Stansted Airport